Workwood - Data Protection Policy
Last update: 25th July 2018
The company Workwood Concept, unipessoal, lda., collective entity registered with VAT number 510471218, headquartered in Avenida Tenente Leonardo Meireles, 165, Loja 16,. 4590 – 516 Paços de Ferreira (Portugal), is responsible for collecting and treating your personal data, according to the current General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), published by the Offcial Journal of the European Union, which can be consulted https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN.
Our data protection policy approaches the following subjects:
- What kind of information is being collected?
- The purpose of data collection.
- With whom are we going to share you data?
- What are the customers’ legal rights?
- How long do we keep your personal data for?
- Info about our cookies policy.
- Changes regarding data and cookies policies.
- Sales related Complaints Book
1. What kind of information is being collected?
Depending on the purpose your data is being collected for, at each moment, the following is collected:
• Personal data, such as name, surname, native language, location, contact data (e-mail, phone number, address), among other info;
• Economic and transactional info (info about your purchases, orders and returns. etc.);
• Connection, geolocation and browsing info (for mobile interaction, for instance);
• Commercial info (if you are subscribed to our newsletter, for instance);
• Your likes and preferences.
2. The purpose of data collection
Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
• To answer the queries communicated via customer service: only the strictly necessary data will be used in order to solve the addressed problem or query;
• For marketing purposes;
• For newsletter subscriptions: we will use your personal data to manage your subscription, which will allow us to personalize info about our products, through different channels
(e-mail, for instance). You can cancel your subscription to our newsletter at any moment, without any cost, via our e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org;
• For promotional purposes, such as advertising contests or competitions: participating in a promotional activity implies the acceptance of the use of your personal data, according
to each and every activity and its communication through distinct channels, such as social media and our website. For every activity, we will provide a proper document stating the terms and conditions that apply to it;
• For functional data analysis to improve the quality of our services: if you visit our website, we will use your browsing data for statistical and analytical purposes. This will help
us understand the way users interact with our webpage, making us work on its continuous optimization.
3. With whom are we going to share you data?
We will not, in any circumstance, sell or rent your personal information to third parties, regardless of their aim or purpose. The treatment of your personal data will occur according to the European legislation in force.
We may, sometimes, if services are outsourced (services related to our website or marketing activities) allow third parties to access your personal info, guaranteeing they will meet the demands of the same data protection policy standards, being forbidden to use the referred data for their own purposes. The whole process and people involved in it are subjected to professional confidentiality, according to the applicable law.
For your safety, we will use diverse procedures to help your protect your personal info against unauthorized access, use or dissemination. We will also do everything in our power to avoid the loss, misuse or alteration of the info. We do not offer any kind of warranty and we are not liable for any safety violation or unintentional loss or info dissemination due to the exposure of our website to the internet.
4. What are the customers legal rights?
Regardless the purpose or legal basis that allows us to use your personal data, you have the right to:
• Have access to the info that we keep about you;
• Ask us to change and correct your personal info;
• Ask us to delete your data, when keeping it no longer fits the initial purpose or when we are no longer legally authorized to do so;
• Ask us to cancel or limit the use of your personal data, meaning that you can ask for a temporary cancelation of your subscription and data use;
Just like you have given us access and consent to use your personal data, you can take it away at any given moment.
5. How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will keep your personal info until you unsubscribe to our newsletter or send us an e-mail to email@example.com, stating that you would like us to delete all your data.
Bear in mind that your data will be used for the time strict necessary to guarantee its purpose is fulfilled. Your info will be kept and properly protected afterwards, for the period designated by the law in force, assuring Workwood is liable for treating and keeping your data until that period is over.
6. Info about our cookies policy
7. Changes regarding data and cookies policies
The content of this document can be altered whenever it seems appropriate or necessary. If that happens, you will be notified by e-mail (in case said changes imply a general communication) or through the publication of a banner on the homepage of our website. We advise you to consult this document regularly, for minor changes can occur.
8. Changes regarding data and cookies policies
Without denying you the possibility of presenting your complaint directly to Workwood, you can address the official Portuguese control authorities by post (Rua de São Bento nº148-3º, 1200-821 Lisboa), telephone (+351 213 928 400) and e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you are an EU citizen, you can send an e-mail to the EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION SUPERVISOR (EDPS) and contact them directly via email@example.com.
If you are an extra-community citizen, please contact the control authorities of your country.
9. For any complaint related to sales and its general conditions, we have an Official Complaints Book: